I love breakfast toast! It is my go-to when I want something savory in the morning. It is fast and easy and extremely versatile. Here I am going to show you my three favorite topping combinations.
I am using a country loaf of homemade bread here, but don’t feel like you have to get fancy. Any kind of toast will do. And if bread isn’t your jam you could also use hashbrowns or sweet potato toast with the same toppings. Both are delicious!
I love all of these combinations but my very favorite is this avocado toast. I know that avocado toast isn’t revolutionary, and your dog could probably make it in her sleep, but if you haven’t had it with these toppings you need to try it!
Just make your toast, smash avocado on top and add some salt and pepper. You still with me here? I like to throw on some hemp seeds to add a little extra protein. Now comes the good part. Well, technically you could stop here and it would be delicious. But this is going to take it over the top. Add some jarred hot cherry peppers (I like Jeff’s Naturals brand.) Now drizzle some balsamic glaze over the whole thing. That’s it! I could eat this every morning and be happy for the rest of my life.
But sometimes I need variety. Queue the next two recipes. For the mushroom toast, you are going to start by spreading some hummus onto your toast. Then you are going to saute some sliced mushrooms with garlic powder and a small squirt of dijon mustard. It is going to make your kitchen smell amazing! Add the mushrooms to your toast and top with some microgreens for a fresh crunch.
For the last piece, you are going to start by spreading some dairy-free pesto on your toast. Then you are going to mash some white beans with some diced sun-dried tomatoes. Then top with some fresh sliced tomatoes (garden tomatoes are the BEST for this). Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and enjoy!
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your breakfast toast journey. Let me know in the comments which one sounds good or if there are any other toppings that you love to put on your toast in the mornings!
- 1 slice toast
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoon jarred hot cherry peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 1 slice toast
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- small handful microgreens
- 1 slice toast
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- ¼ cup white beans any variety will do
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes finely diced
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- Smash your avocado on top of your toast.
- Top with salt, pepper, and hemp hearts.
- Add cherry pepper slices on top of avocado
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Spread hummus on top of toast.
- Saute mushrooms with garlic powder and dijon. You can use oil or water for sauteing.
- Add mushrooms on top of toast.
- Spread microgreens over mushrooms.
- Spread pesto on top of toast.
- Smash white beans and sun-dried tomatoes together.
- Add white beans on top of pesto.
- Add slices of tomatoes on top of beans.
- Top with salt and pepper.