Delicious breakfast quinoa cooked in the pressure cooker. Perfect recipe for meal prep for the week!
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- pinch salt optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- extra milk I always add extra milk after cooking!
- maple syrup or other sweetener
- fresh fruit
- dry fruit
- nut butter
- chocolate chips
Rinse quinoa well.
Add quinoa, milk, salt, and cinnamon to instant pot.
Set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 1 minute.
Once the instant pot is done cooking, allow it to naturally release the pressure for 5 to 8 minutes.
Manually release the rest of the pressure and remove lid once the pin drops.
Add in your sweetener and extra milk.
Add whatever other toppings you would like.
- You can make a big batch of this on the weekends and heat it up throughout the week or eat it cold if that is your jam.
- You could also use leftover quinoa that has been cooked with water. Just heat it up in a ban with a little bit of milk and enjoy with your favorite toppings!