Grapefruit Pomegranate Kale Salad
This is the perfect salad to take to a winter holiday party or add to your Christmas dinner menu.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 grapefruits sectioned save the juice
- 1 pomegranate deseeded
- 1.5 cup candied pecans
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 pkg fresh mint leaves about ¾ cup packed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Chop the kale into small pieces
section the grapefruit and cut into desired size pieces. I cut mine down the middle and use a grapefruit spoon
Deseed the pomegranate
Blend dressing ingredients well in a blender until mint is well blended.
Massage dressing ingredients into kale.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad.
- You can use any pomegranate juice you have leftover from deseeding your pomegranate in the dressing as well as the grapefruit juice. Just make sure it adds up to ¼ cup.
- If your grapefruit is too tart, rest the sections in a bowl with a sprinkle of coconut sugar for a few minutes before you add them to the salad.