Vegan Potato Leek Soup
A comforting soup that is not only delicious to eat but simple to make!
Servings: 4 people
- ¼ medium yellow onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 leeks sliced
- 2-2.5 lbs potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- lemon juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onion over medium heat until fragrant.
Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
Add leeks and sauté for a couple more minutes.
Add potatoes, spices, coconut milk and water.
Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
Blend using a stand blender or immersion blender.
Add lemon juice and pepper and mix in.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
- You can omit the onion for a milder and sweeter taste.
- You can use veggie broth instead of water if you'd like.
- If you want to omit the coconut milk you can use cashew cream, or increase the water and add in a handful of cashews. You could also use soy milk but wait til the end of cooking to add it.