Tortilla Soup Recipe
Black bean tortilla soup waiting for your favorite toppings! Yum
Servings: 4 people
- ½ onion diced
- ½ bell pepper any color diced
- 2 jalapeños minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14 oz
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup soy milk or other plant milk
- juice from ½ lime or lemon
- lime wedges
- plant-based yogurt or sour cream
- plant-based cheese
- tortilla chips or tortilla strips
Saute the onion, bell pepper, jalepeno pepper, and garlic in oil or water until onion is fragrant and translucent. Season with salt and pepper to taste while sauteeing.
Add the spices and saute for another minute.
Add beans, corn, tomatoes, and broth and simmer for 10-15 minutes
Add milk and lime juice.
Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
- I like to use the fire diced tomatoes but you could also use regular diced tomatoes or the kind with green chilies.
- This soup is extremely forgiving so feel free to play around with it!