Easy Caramel Rice Pudding
Deliciously easy rice pudding. Combine dates and coconut sugar for a rich caramel flavor.
- 1 ½ cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup soy milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup raisins optional
- 2 cups soy milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup dates
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Blend sauce ingredients together until smooth.
Add sauce and rice to pan and cook on medium high heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir cornstarch into ½ cup soy milk. Add to rice and cook for a minute or two longer to thicken.
- You can eat this with a little extra milk or cashew cream drizzled on top. Or if you want to have it for breakfast you can add a little non-dairy yogurt.
- If you don't have leftover rice, you can cook ½ cup dried rice in the instant pot, then put the instant pot on the sauté setting and finish the pudding right in the pot!